One of the challenges of video downlinks on high frequency bands, such as 5.8GHz, is the signal breakup due to multipathing. 'Nulls' in the received signal occur when the direct signal from the transmitter arrives at the same time as a reflected signal, which happens to be 180 degrees out of phase with the direct signal.
Smart antenna design, such as ImmersionRC's circular Smart, suchantennpolarized 'SpiroNET' antenna family, can reduce this effect, but it cannot completely eliminate it. The Duo5800v4, the fourth in ImmersionRC's series of 5.8GHz diversity receivers, can significantly improve reception in the presence of multipathing, by intelligently switching between two independent receivers when signal quality drops. Another useful application of diversity switching is to select the best signal from two antennas, for example, one omnidirectional, and one directional, or a couple of directional antennas pointing in different directions.
Version 4.1 of the Duo5800 now comes with selectable 15/32 Channel support. The standard 'ImmersionRC/FatShark/Airwave' 7 channels are supported, and may be scrolled through with the Channel button. A press of the Band button switches tothe new RaceBand channels (8 in total). In its 'unlocked' mode, it adds an additional 25 channels to support transmitters from other manufacturers in the FPV market.
The Duo 5800 is also one of the first in a line of 'smart' receivers, designed for single cable, plug and play, integration with the ImmersionRC Ground Station system. Power, Audio, Video, and a bidirectional data link, are all passed through a single Mini-Din connector, connected to the Ground Station.
With > -90dB sensitivity per receiver the Duo 5800 is sensitive, very sensitive. Paired with an appropriate antennas, it will give you many miles/km of range. Add an antenna tracker, and a higher gain directional antenna, and this range increases significantly.
Equipped with two buffered AV outputs it allows you to connect your goggles, as well as your recording device, without the need for Y-cables or a signal splitter.
|Band||Duo5800v4.2 Channel Race Edition|
- Dual receivers with dual antenna connection
- Automatic antenna switching
- Calibrated receivers for seamless switching between antennas
- Visual indication of selected antenna
- Standard 5.8GHz band 7 channel frequencies
- RaceBand 5.8GHz band 8 channel frequencies
- Additional 5.8GHz band 25 channel frequencies
- Dual, buffered AV outputs
- Automatic of user configurable low battery alarm
- High bandwidth stereo-audio
- >-90dB typical sensitivity
- Single-cable ImmersionRC ground station link
- 1x Duo500 v4.1 Receiver
- 2x linear polarized antennas with SMA connector (rubber ducky style)
- 1x power connection lead
- 2x 3.5mm Male to 3x Phono cable
- 2x ImmersionRC logo stickers